1. The term postictally means: following a seizure
2. In case study #3, when the tumor was resected, it was: Surgically removed.
3. The term normotensive refers to: Normal blood pressure
Write the meaning of the following abbreviations:
4. CVA ___ Cerebrovascular accident, which means stroke.
5. CT ____ Computerized tomography
6. PT ___ Physical therapy (physiotherapy)
7. OT ____ Occupational therapy
8. MRI ___ Magnetic resonance imaging
- FAST HOMEWORK HELP
- HELP FROM TOP TUTORS
- ZERO PLAGIARISM
- NO AI USED
- SECURE PAYMENT SYSTEM
- PRIVACY GUARANTEED
Find the word or phrase in the case studies that means the following:
9. High blood pressure __ Hypertension
10. Loss of speech communication __ Aphasia or aphasic
11. Weakness of one side of the body ____ Hemiparesis
12. Localized death of tissue caused by lack of blood supply ___ frontotemporal infarct
13. Decreased sensitivity to pain __ Hypalgesia
14. Loss of intellectual function __ Dementia
15. Disorder involving several nerves __ Polyneuropathy
Define the following terms:
16. Hemiplegia __ Paralysis of one side on the body due to injury of the brain or spinal cord.
17. Glioma __ a type of tumor that occurs in the brain and spinal cord.
18. Cyst _ An abnormal closed-sac-like pocket of tissue that can form anywhere in the body, filled with liquid, gaseous, or semisolid substance
19. Craniotomy __ the part of the skull to the brain.